PlayLine Responsible Play
Assistance Available to Problem Gamblers (Incl. Self-Limitation & Self-Exclusion):
At PlayLine we’re committed to providing the best in responsible gaming. We want every PlayLine user to enjoy their experience in a responsible, fair, fun, and reliable manner that stays within their financial means. To ensure that’s the case, PlayLine offers a variety of tools and mechanisms of support to assist any player, relative, or friend who might have concerns about unhealthy player behaviour.
Options to Limit Play:
If a user wishes to disable their account for any reason, they may apply a self-exclusion to their account. Once they tell us how much time they need, we will make sure their account no longer allows them to log into PlayLine or join any contests during that period. Here’s how it works:
- Users can suspend their account for their choice of 3, 6, 9 or 12 months.
- Any future entries will be cancelled and refunded.
- Users can reach out to Customer Support for assistance if they wish to withdraw any remaining funds from their account
- They will not be able to login or access their PlayLine account.
- We will suppress their email address (the one they signed up with) from receiving additional, personally directed promotional or marketing messages.
PlayLine also provides a number of tools designed to help users more actively manage their play.
- Deposit Limits – Users can set a monthly, weekly or daily deposit limit.
- Contest Entry Limits – Users can establish limits on the number of contests they enter for a monthly, weekly, or daily period.
- Contest Entry Alerts – Users can set a monthly, weekly, or daily alert that notifies them of the number of contests they’ve entered on PlayLine.
- Contest Entry Fee Limits – Users can establish limits on the contests they may enter based on the entry fee amounts of those contests over a monthly, weekly, or daily period.
3) Third Party Exclusion Requests
As part of its responsible play efforts, PlayLine allows qualified third parties, who have concerns about a player’s ability to manage his or her play, to request a limitation on that player’s use of PlayLine. Limitations may include restriction of or exclusion from play.
Third Party Exclusion or Play Restriction requests for a specific PlayLine user can be made by requestors who provide proof that:
- The requestor is jointly obligated on the credit or debit card associated with the PlayLine user’s account;
- The PlayLine user is legally dependent on the requestor under state or federal law;
- The requestor is wholly or partially obligated for the debts of the PlayLine user pursuant to a court order; or
- The PlayLine user is subject to a court order requiring him or her to pay unmet child support obligations.
At the request of a qualified third party, as defined above, a PlayLine user may be excluded from play for a period of 3, 6, 9 or 12 months or have deposit limits applied to the PlayLine user’s account. Such limits would range from $1,000, $750, $500, $250, $100 or $50 per month, week or day.
In the event we receive a request that satisfies the above criteria, we will attempt to notify the PlayLine user via email of such request. The user will have five business days from the date we send email notification of the request to respond. If the user does not respond within five business days or PlayLine deems, in its sole discretion, that the information is insufficient to refute the request, it will be honoured and the exclusion or restriction shall be enforced.
Requests for the exclusion of a PlayLine player can be made anytime through Customer Support.
4) Parental Controls
PlayLine verifies all accounts for age and eligibility. If minors under 18 are known to have access to a users computer and/or personal information, PlayLine will encourage said users to consider installing parental control software to prevent access to PlayLine and other age-restricted sites.
If anyone believes a minor is playing on PlayLine, we ask that they contact our dedicated parental controls customer support email. If a minor is found playing on PlayLine, then that account will be closed.
5) Additional Help
We will consult with various organisations – such as the National Council for Problem Gambling (NCPG) and the National Center for Responsible Gaming – that cover a broad range of consumer protection issues, including problem play, to discuss our policies and ways in which they can remain aligned with the ever-evolving needs of our customer.
Also, PlayLine will offer support and counselling referrals that may help users through personal, gaming-related issues. The NCPG operates a 24-hour confidential toll-free helpline that users can reach by phone or text at 1-800-522-4700 or chat at ncpgambling.org/chat.
6) PlayLine Exclusive: Deposit Tracking
Sometimes we all just need to be held accountable. With this PlayLine exclusive responsible gaming feature, you can get Email alerts sent to a preset 3rd party anytime a deposit is made.